We wait all year for the chance to have a winter wonderland of snow, these storms aren’t all fun and festivities, and Beautiful Country’s storm damage clean up team is here to take care of the mess.
From strong winds to heavy snowfalls, winter storms can end up knocking down even the heartiest, strongest trees. In doing so, they cause property damage and pose serious safety risks.
Though no one plans for their trees to fall down, there are precautions you can take to put yourself in the best position to deal with this unfortunate situation.
As Maryland tree removal experts, we’ve seen plenty of trees damaged by storms passing through the mid-Atlantic. That’s why today we’re sharing what you need to know about storm damage to your trees, and when a professional storm damage clean up team can help.
What To Do Before The Storms Hits
Our main piece of advice on how to get your trees ready before the storm hits? Train yourself to recognize problem trees.
That starts with looking for dead limbs, leaning trunks, and branches that cross paths with nearby hazards like power hazards.
Another potential problem is fungal growth, which signifies disease. Such vulnerable, sick trees have a higher chance of falling during storms.
Knowing the health of your trees beforehand will put you in better shape for when the storm hits.
DIY Storm Damage Clean Up: 4 Steps to Take When Storms Damage Your Trees
Now the storm has hit, and unfortunately, you’re dealing with the resulting damage. Before you do anything, make sure that the area around your trees is safe.
In the event that you have a tree that needs to be removed from your property, there are a few precautions that you should take in order to ensure the safety of yourself and those around you.
- Safety first – Look for downed power lines, broken branches, and other potential hazards. If you see any, stay away and call your utility company or the police.
- Prune damaged branches – If the damage to your trees is not too severe, you can prune the damaged branches yourself. This will help the trees heal and prevent further damage.
- Keep an eye on your trees – Even after you’ve taken steps to repair the damage, it’s important to keep an eye on your trees. Storm damage can sometimes be difficult to spot, so continue to check on your trees.
- Be patient – Trees are resilient, but they need time to heal. Be patient and give your trees the time they need to recover.
Time For A Professional Storm Damage Clean Up Team
When a storm hits, you may be wondering if it’s necessary to call a professional storm damage clean up team.
Here are three situations when we recommend it:
- When the damage is severe – if your home has been hit by a major storm and sustained significant damage, it’s time to call in the professionals. Severe damage can be dangerous and should be addressed by trained and experienced storm damage clean up crews.
- When you don’t have the time – Cleaning up after a storm can be a big undertaking, and if you don’t have the time or the resources to do it yourself, it’s best to call in a professional team. They will have the time and the manpower to get the job done quickly and efficiently.
- When you’re not sure how to proceed – If you’re not sure how to start cleaning up after a storm, or if you’re unsure of the best way to proceed, err on the side of caution and call in a professional storm damage clean up team. They will know exactly what to do and will be able to get the job done quickly and safely.
Storm Damage Tree Removal by Beautiful Country Tree Services
As Maryland certified arborists, we are able to remove fallen trees, no matter the size or the circumstance.
We prioritize safety in all of our tree services, but especially when it comes to storm damage clean up. We also provide 24-hour emergency services for hazardous and storm-damaged trees that have failed and resulted in damage to your home property.
For help with a fallen tree or other storm damage clean up, we encourage you to get in touch with Beautiful Country Tree Services today.